April 10, 2008

Killing Me Softly...

IT being a booming industry has not only provided lots of job opportunities but also affected mindset of people, their living standards, their hobbies and most adversely their attitude towards society and corporate life. I have seen people walking out from one job and joining other so frequently, even sometimes they themselves don’t how many companies or cities they changed. I never understand how they can settle so easily and so fast to new places. They created such a disputed mindset that no work place can satisfy them for a long period, resulting into another change. IT market has become a bidding place where a person bids for himself, day to day forgetting what loyalty means.

Despite of committing to work, such people do not honor their work, and start creating a vicious circle among them, leading into disappointments of people who really work. I saw a great leg pulling competition taking place among people of different hierarchy in IT industry. No one appreciates other person’s thought or work. Though internet bring people close by communication means, but increased distance by emotions. You even might not know where your close colleague lives or who are in his/her family.

I dreamed to be an IT professional when I was kid. But today being an IT engineer, I never felt the qualities of a good engineer. Sitting on a rolling chair for the whole day, surfing internet, I don’t utilize any of my skills. Every time I saw snaps of bridges, great buildings, I ask myself how this could be so perfect. They are not powered by Copy-Paste principle of software engineering (Reusability in technical sense). Thank God!! I am a software engineer where mistakes are allowed and I can correct it in later stage.

1 comments:

Parth Barot said...

very nice thought, though keep control on you mind, you have to be in industry and keeping what you are. Don't change yourself while leaving with opposite kind of things, which is even very annoying and heart-shacking thing,is our need.
we have to be in ourselves. Not changing our lifestyle because we are engg. or we got internet or we got more money etc...
And you are right about communications that now a days no one writes heart-touching letter as before.You will just get an email in you in box daily from your friends but its not that effective as you talk to someone closer.

All these things will be understood when you are too far from your loved ones! So before that we should take care

TechDudes.blogspot.com