August 6, 2008

A Salute to Woman

Yesterday I went to a coffee shop which I often visit when I have a plan to study for late hours. Just the moment I ordered a coffee, I saw a lady who was my colleague. I knew her by name only but I still wished to chat with her. I went to her and started talking with a smiley “Hi”. I misjudged her personality when I had worked with her; but as soon we started conversation, I was almost influenced by her nature. Suddenly conversation diverted to post marriage relationships of a woman (I don’t prefer use of word girl here). All of a sudden, I don't remember why but she advised me something “A woman who is just married is like wet clay. She is moulded in whatever shape you expect her to do. Please don’t blame what she has then become”. I raised my eyebrows with a surprise. I did not understand context of her advice still I nodded my head agreeing her point.

After returning my room, I spent few hours to study as I planned and then I went to my bed. Somehow I recalled that sentence and I was very curious to understand it. As I thought about it more and more I was agree with her by heart; she was absolutely right except subjected women. I will say, not only a woman who is just married tries to mould her; perhaps every woman in this world does the same. Every female in a male’s life sacrifices a lot and tries to be at her beloved’s expectations whether she may be in any form; a mother, a sister, a wife or sometimes being just a friend. And in return she receives only disappointments and frustrations. I saw many of my friends dominating their wives or fiancĂ©. Why we men are all alike? Why do we not understand what will happen on a person who almost sacrificed everything to us happy? It must be killing her but what makes a difference to us?

Every mother sacrifices all of happiness to see her child happy as my mother did for me. But I remained busy in developing my career. I never get time to go back to her and say her how much I am thankful of her that she grew me so well. I wanted to go back and say her how much I love her. Not only my mother but all females including my sister supported me and gave me the warmth that someone is with me which one of my friends or brother did. Even though I never go back to them and say thanks for all the things they did for me.

More I thought of that sentence, more I regretted myself for not understanding this for so many years. I broke into tears and asked me why I was so hard. I heard a lot of times that a woman can not be understood. I refuse it; we don’t try to understand her. We don’t respect scarification she makes.

I thanked that lady for explaining me what I had never understood, and turned on my laptop and started writing my feelings. It is hard to accept but I don’t want you to follow the same path. Go to your beloved and tell her how much important she is in your life and how much you love her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya that's true bro. but i am not among all those man.

Jay Rajani said...

@Tarun : U read Panchtantra well dude. I proud of being ur friend.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, I mean I never knew u think so much & can write such things so nicely.

As being a woman (in your terms), I am very thankful that ppl. like you think about such issues.

Keep it up.

Jay Rajani said...

@Jigna :

Knowingly or unknowingly I hurt them emotionally and never let my feeling come out. That is why i am so far from them and alone. When i am with them, i get that warmth, i feel no moment is happier than this one. Their absence tells me their value in my life...

KB said...

Hey Brother
Me and your Bhabhi both are strongly agreed and
I salute from the bottom of my heart to every woman in my life who gave me support in all twist and turns of my life.

SPECIALLY TO MY MOTHER & MY WIFE

"I am what 'I AM' is because of THEM"

naincy said...

Hi bro,

Very good one. I can't believe you can feel up to this level. Now you have to believe, compliment I gave you before sometime is right.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i would like to add that not only men hurt women
but also women hurt others... i remember me shouting at my mother for some reason...and then regreting over it... but yet she counts me to be a person who doesnot get angry
but i would definitely say she is my "Best Friend"