June 13, 2008

Beginner's Luck

Last week I started to read “The Alchemist”, a novel shared by my colleague. The story runs around achieving one’s destination and omens. It describes existence of a universal language that you can experience between people from different countries and sometimes between human and animal.

That novel explained “Principle of favorability” that put me in looking back at my life. Principle of favorability states that when you play cards for first time, you almost sure to win.

I always dream to get into a MBA institute; but this year, by gathering all my courage, I filled admission form. I had to appear for an entrance test and I started preparing for it. In between I fall sick for 15 days and I lost my concentration and my interest too. The entrance test was about fundamentals that I learned in earlier studies. I hope for the best and taken the exam. Fortunately I got selected. Beginner’s Luck; same thing explained by that principle.

That novel also explains reason behind beginner’s luck. “There is a force that wants you to realize your destiny; it whets your appetite with a taste of success."

As I went on reading this novel, I started believing that there is nothing like luck and coincident. It is our inability to choose our destiny. In a result we regret our fate by saying world’s greatest lie. Thing is we need to identify correct omens.

I have seen struggle of my friends. Some succeed, some fail. Each time I learn that when you try to run away from your destiny, it will force you to return.

Finally, I will repeat the same lines that made me read this novel. “When you want something, the entire universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

4 comments:

Sandy said...

It really sounds true that there is nothing like luck. Yeah hardwork and determination is necessary for achieving something. thats absolutely true, no point denying that.

But then i wonder why the word luck was thought of in the first place. Is it by luck that LUCK made way into dictionaries - i dont think so. And finally think about it, suppose i work hard and dont get results then what do i say, 'luck didnt favor me'. Or think vice versa when i dont work and get good results, (this time not me) what will others say, 'he has got a great luck'. Luck is there to stay my dear friend.

And finally this time the quote would be the very lines that made you read this book - but in hindi style - om shanti om way.

Quote
itni shiddat se maine tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai ki har zarre ne mujhe tumse milane ki koshish ki hai....kehte hai agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaaho toh poori kaynath tumhein usse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai

Jay Rajani said...

@sandy : I m nt that much gr8 to explain y luck word is coined and i cant tell u whether there exists such a thing.

But I think it all about belief in luck. People who believe in luck so deeply always classify in Good luck and bad luck. Those who dont believe say "I ve struggled" and "not struggled that much".

Anything goes in our favor we say it was my good luck.

I give u an example one of my friend was extremely talented. He at least scored first class in each sem. Everybody told he got lucky. Do u really think that luck helped him each n everywhere. He also pursue Master Degree and is employed by a MNC. I wont say it was his luck or was hard work. But it was his talent.

Now dont tell me his luck gifted that talent ;)

Sandy said...

Ok prove me wrong.

Scenario: I play a game of cards with you. I practice hard alone and then go one on one with you who hasnt practiced a bit.
Question: Can i win for sure? If not why? I did my homework, aint I?

Jay Rajani said...

@sandy : Let me change the same scenario in my way.

U appear for exam with lot of hard word and ur friend without preparation scores first. what will u say abt that?

What will ur answer dear ? Ur friend is lucky. ??

I dreamed to move outside india and my friend wanted to stay here but the picture 2day is reverse. What would i tell it my luck !!!

Nops i ll say it is the destiny I chose.